Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Pointless rule-enforcement on CSdb
2010-11-09 12:26
DeeKay

Pointless rule-enforcement on CSdb

Okay, you all know how I like CSDb-drama, but usually I don't create any myself, but in this case Groepaz anal-ness about CSDb-rules simply forces me to:

Here's the story: We released the PAL/NTSC version of the NUFLI editor. It pretty much only included the new universal displayer, so we kept everything else the same. However, as I noticed on X while working on Electric's Tiger, it got somehow corrupted, meaning that it would CRASH and DESTROY your picture when you drew with sprites under certain circumstances. I notified Crossbow and he confirmed it and started working on a fixed version, which i tested extensively to make sure it's all A-ok (that's v1.12)

Okay, so I approached Groepaz and asked how to best solve the problem that there's a BROKEN version of our NUFLI editor on CSDb that actually DESTROYS images! I was really willing to play by the rules (=not deleting it and not stealthily replacing it with a fixed version), but whatever I suggested and did (renaming it to "Buggy-ed" so people wouldn't find it, using the "this file is corrupted" feature in the file dialogue), he said it's all not allowed and reversed anything I would try. Now I'm locked out of our own tool and can't edit it, great. Talking about admin power abuse... I dunno what his problem is seriously, sometimes he just loves to piss people off for no reason whatsoever...

Okay, so now there's still the broken v1.11 online which people can happily download. But why the FUCK would anyone want a broken version of a tool that DESTROYS your picture? This is not some 90% party version of a Demo, so what's the fucking point? Okay, so we released it corrupted, our bad. But should we be punished indefinately for it when we FIXED it meanwhile? And why can't I simply use the "this file is corrupted" feature? What's the point being anal about THAT, too? I mean - you CAN still download it and masturbate over a disfunctional c64 tool if that's your sexual preference, but at least you'll know it's br0ken! The *only* hint that it's broken is in the comments, which thank god GroeFaZ didn't delete...

Good v1.12: NUFLI Editor V1.12
Bad v1.11: NUFLI Editor V1.11 [broken]

... 86 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-11-12 18:44
Mace

Oh, wow, you're still discussing this!
2010-11-12 19:17
Devia

so.. why is it still named "(broken)"?
2010-11-12 20:34
Celtic
Administrator

We, the moderators, are ok with the filename being used to show the file is not ok, this time. And we hope to add a trivia field in the future which would reflect these thing better in the entry.

By this we hope Deekay and all other users are happy, and therefor conclude this debate from our side.

CSDB Staff.
2010-11-12 21:00
Oswald

A moderator topic would be nice where users and mods would discuss issues in an open way. The way things are now, is bad. There's almost no communication and no feedback. Mods seem to be masters of black magic, an open enviroment would be nice IMHO.
2010-11-12 21:24
Count Zero

Oswald: just be as annoying, persisting and brainbugged as Deekay and you get your entries reverted, muxed up or can finally add/inside/the/archive/an/award/winning/message/to/the/directory/structure/to/po int/out/your/fuckup/a/little/better as well :)
2010-11-13 00:42
Devia

Thank you Celtic.

...maybe the Trivia field could even be used as the Trivia field... nah... let's not go there.
2010-11-13 02:22
DeeKay

Quoting Groepaz
Quote:
Again: There is NOTHING in the rules about how to properly use the "file corrupted" feature whinewhinewhinewhine

again: you asked wether you can rename the entry to "Buggy Editor". i seriously dont know why, because my answer should have been clear.

Hmm, then your memory serves you wrong. Cause your answer was anything but "clear". You obviously couldn't find any rule that objected to that and could just muster a meek "it's probably gonna get reverted"...

Quote:
you then renamed the entry anyway. and ofcourse that was reverted. then you appearently didnt really get the message and tried the same another time.

Again, your memory serves you wrong. I renamed it only once...

Quote:
OOOPS, and you put the moderator into nazi mode at the same time with great success.

Ohhh.... poor you! <:-) As if you hadn't been in Nazi mode right from the start! Are you actually denying that you did simply NOT try to find a compromise and weren't willing to help me out AT ALL?
If you actually claim that, i dare you to tell me what "solution" you offered me....

Saying "sorry" is obviously not even an option for you - EVER! I've known you for ages now and never ever remember you were willing to concede ANYTHING...

Quote:
you only ever came up with that weird idea of marking the file corrupted after that, and again simply ignored what has been told to you.

"what has been told to you"... Thank you, the verbiage alone is perfect proof of your stuck-up authoritarian approach on the whole matter! 8)

Quote:
sorry, but this is NOT how you work out a solution, and you really shouldnt whine now that no solution emerged from this.

Bullshit. "Oh, I'm the victim", bla bla bla. How often have I asked you just HOW i should solve this problem and asked you for help? It was this thread that helped fix the problem, if I had gone on merely asking you for help I could've waited until kingdom come to actually reach a solution...

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah.. The fun flamewars (think: debate club!), not the ragwar kind! ;-)

LOOOOL. hahahaha. ok. so infact, you enjoy debating with 5 year old girls about the mental health of their puppets, not _actual_ flamewars =) if you cant make that clear, why dont you spell it out ?!

Yeah, you do know the real man's flamewars, do you? 8) What a nice admin you are...

P.S: Yeah, fuck you to, C0! <:-) I really wonder what I have ever done to you...
2010-11-13 02:29
DeeKay

Celtic: I'm perfectly fine with how it is now, thanks! ;-) But it would be good for the future and would help avoid pointless arguments like this if admins were actively instructed to work with the users, not against them! <:-)

After all this great site is made by both parties, and we all profit from it, so what's the point of infighting?
2010-11-13 07:37
Oswald

It would help the most if Groepaz would stop being a moderator. He continously shits into the fan.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Da Snake
Grue/Extend
Yogibear/Protovision
Guests online: 140
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)