Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Pointless rule-enforcement on CSdb
2010-11-09 12:26
DeeKay

Pointless rule-enforcement on CSdb

Okay, you all know how I like CSDb-drama, but usually I don't create any myself, but in this case Groepaz anal-ness about CSDb-rules simply forces me to:

Here's the story: We released the PAL/NTSC version of the NUFLI editor. It pretty much only included the new universal displayer, so we kept everything else the same. However, as I noticed on X while working on Electric's Tiger, it got somehow corrupted, meaning that it would CRASH and DESTROY your picture when you drew with sprites under certain circumstances. I notified Crossbow and he confirmed it and started working on a fixed version, which i tested extensively to make sure it's all A-ok (that's v1.12)

Okay, so I approached Groepaz and asked how to best solve the problem that there's a BROKEN version of our NUFLI editor on CSDb that actually DESTROYS images! I was really willing to play by the rules (=not deleting it and not stealthily replacing it with a fixed version), but whatever I suggested and did (renaming it to "Buggy-ed" so people wouldn't find it, using the "this file is corrupted" feature in the file dialogue), he said it's all not allowed and reversed anything I would try. Now I'm locked out of our own tool and can't edit it, great. Talking about admin power abuse... I dunno what his problem is seriously, sometimes he just loves to piss people off for no reason whatsoever...

Okay, so now there's still the broken v1.11 online which people can happily download. But why the FUCK would anyone want a broken version of a tool that DESTROYS your picture? This is not some 90% party version of a Demo, so what's the fucking point? Okay, so we released it corrupted, our bad. But should we be punished indefinately for it when we FIXED it meanwhile? And why can't I simply use the "this file is corrupted" feature? What's the point being anal about THAT, too? I mean - you CAN still download it and masturbate over a disfunctional c64 tool if that's your sexual preference, but at least you'll know it's br0ken! The *only* hint that it's broken is in the comments, which thank god GroeFaZ didn't delete...

Good v1.12: NUFLI Editor V1.12
Bad v1.11: NUFLI Editor V1.11 [broken]

... 86 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-11-12 15:10
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quoting DeeKay
The dark lord Cthulu will come from another dimension and ravish your wives and kids!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
2010-11-12 15:27
Celtic
Administrator

cant wait for the appearance of mint-berry crunch and mysterion:)
2010-11-12 15:55
DeeKay

MINTBERRY CRRRRRUNCH!!!!!

P.S: Anyone noticed the great Totoro-Hommage with Cartman and Chthuhuhhuhluh (or however it's spelled)? 8)
2010-11-12 16:08
Oswald

I guess its time

2010-11-12 16:10
GT
Account closed

I guess everyone will know by now that you shouldn't use this version of the editor. :)
2010-11-12 16:16
Linus

Why? Is it br0ken?
2010-11-12 16:23
GT
Account closed

Quote: Why? Is it br0ken?

Not broken, but bugs. Big difference. :)
2010-11-12 17:10
chatGPZ

Quote:
Again: There is NOTHING in the rules about how to properly use the "file corrupted" feature whinewhinewhinewhine

again: you asked wether you can rename the entry to "Buggy Editor". i seriously dont know why, because my answer should have been clear. you then renamed the entry anyway. and ofcourse that was reverted. then you appearently didnt really get the message and tried the same another time. OOOPS, and you put the moderator into nazi mode at the same time with great success. you only ever came up with that weird idea of marking the file corrupted after that, and again simply ignored what has been told to you. sorry, but this is NOT how you work out a solution, and you really shouldnt whine now that no solution emerged from this.

Quote:
Yeah.. The fun flamewars (think: debate club!), not the ragwar kind! ;-)

LOOOOL. hahahaha. ok. so infact, you enjoy debating with 5 year old girls about the mental health of their puppets, not _actual_ flamewars =) if you cant make that clear, why dont you spell it out ?!

2010-11-12 18:06
jailbird

This is exactly why I decided to avoid this site. Certain admins have far too much power here and what was once a fun place where people met and shared their thoughts and/or stuff, became a tyrranical Ministry of Dos and Don'ts with the all-round domination of a few chosen ones.
Well fuck you, that's all I have to say.
2010-11-12 18:29
chatGPZ

Quote:
Certain admins have far too much power here

almost all relevant things must be confirmed by at least 3 moderators, btw.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
pcollins/Quantum
Dymo/G★P
Jammer
Acidchild/Padua
Bitbreaker/Performers
CopAss/Leader