Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Abynx ! (Registered 2024-06-09) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #12017 : American Fighter
2023-04-25 09:58
TheRyk

Handle id #12017 : American Fighter

Quoting 'User Comment Submitted by Scooby [PM
on 25 April 2023']
Can not map American Fighter to the right "The Warriors"

The Last Ninja II

Scooby:
There is a German German American fighter listed in many groups, yet so few releases are to be found so far, in theory it could have been the one. But in "Zombi" Demo he says he's sitting next to Mordlord (Austria) and in Last Ninja II demo he states he's located in Linz/Austria.

As you found this release together with a bunch of Future Boys releases, I've added some Trivia in Future Boys and American Fighter entries, based on the scroll in Zombi

In Last Ninja II demo this American Fighter (as you found it on the same day, very very probably the same as the Future Boys one) mentions some "Warriors Inc." but uses sprites from Warriors of Darkness
Maybe he was also member of WOD, WOM or TWO, I doubt that. Probably he just used some intro maker with the WARRIORS sprites or ripped the sprites somewhere and then thought it makes sense to state he's in some made-up "Warriors Inc" (as the Irish The Dream Warriors Inc. doesn't fit and The Warriors Inc. doesn't seem to fit when you look at active time (1985).

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more American Fighters from German-speaking countries, as the Michael Dudikoff Movie https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Ninja was titled "American Fighter" in the German version. So probably there's more fuss to sort out.

For the time being I created American Fighter (Austria) and moved credits from Scooby's recent transfers there.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Malmix/Fatzone
Chico/Civitas
zscs
Tim/Silicon Limited
Nith/TRIÉ…D
kbs/Pht/Lxt